Thursday, September 22, 2005

I've reached a point in my life that the demands on my life seems to exceed the supply that I have to offer. (Demand > Supply)

It's a frustrating feeling; overwhelming feelings of helplessness and weariness, that threaten to engulf no matter how much I try to push myself to increase the supply. As hard as I try, I can't seem to find the capacity to do more. This is such a poor state of things to find oneself in.

According to the laws of Economics, if Demand > Supply, the only way to re-balance the equation, to find harmony, is to either decrease the demand or to increase the supply.

It is difficult for me to pare down on what is already a simple life. What else is there for me to give up on; my sleep, my work? And the way society works, there is no way I can find any respite to my schedule unless I go live in some asylum.

The only other way is to increase the supply, so as to meet head-on the demands. So I just have to push a little harder, and a little harder, and a little harder, and one fine day, I'll realise that I've growna little stronger, a little wiser, with more capacity than before.

This is such an exercise in character building - in sacrificing, and giving up of oneself so as to accomplish greater things; in prioritizing. That's the thing about us humans. Sometimes we don't even realise what stuff we're made of, until a situation comes along that requires supernormal strength.

So the goal is...

From Demand > Supply...
To increase in Supply --> Demand = Supply

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home