Saturday, August 27, 2005

Automatic Frown Eraser...

Do you ever have those days where you feel like you don't have anything together? If you answered yes, then it is possible that you have that in common with many other people. I think it is possible that everyone has a day where they feel like nothing is right in there lives. Maybe it isn't even limited to one day maybe it could be a week or two in a row. So that begs the question, what do we do about it? Is there a solution to this problem? I think that there is a short term solution, but no long term one. For the days where we can't seem to find anything going right for us, those are the days that we need our friends the most. Those also seem to be the days that we want to be around people the least. It could also be said that since we all have those days when we feel like poopy, that we could share some of those days in common. So we can commiserate and share in our poo together. Fun poo sharing! The important thing on the poo days is to overcome the urge to be alone and find someone to spend time with. I know that there could be two things that could be argued:
1. Is it bad to want to be alone?
2. What if there is a person who has no one?

Here are what I see to be some answers:

1. It is not bad to spend some time alone, collecting our thoughts can be a good thing. But spending seven days being down is going a little overboard. I like to be alone. I enjoy spending time trying to straighten out my head a little. But, I have learned to put a stop to that after a couple of days. Eventually you need to stop and go spend some time with friends. I can say that every time I have wanted to just stay home but decided to go out with friends I have ended up coming home in a good mood.

2. As for those unfortunate souls who are sitting there thinking, "I have no one to spend time with." Then I have two things for you to contemplate. The first is to stop being an a-hole and be nice to people. Okay, okay, maybe that is a little harsh. Let's try this one...spend those alone days doing some self analysis and see if there are some things you need to work on in regards to the ways that you treat others. Maybe your rude, maybe your creepy, maybe your grumpy, or maybe your like me and have become a professional at making everyone feel just a little awkward with really dumb jokes. Whatever the case may be, all it takes is a little effort and the people in your life will come around. Most of us are surprisingly forgiving. The other more likely solution to the second problem is that you do have people in your life, you are just too down to see it. You have turned down the phone calls so many times that people stopped calling. All you need to do is make a phone call and get things rolling again. So this may not be the whole answer. I may be oversimplifying things. The truth is that this solution works for me. As for the long term solution I will say again, THERE IS NOT ONE. Bad days will happen. There is no avoiding that fact. There is no witty saying that is going to make that less true. There is no automatic frown eraser that I know of.

If I find one I will let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home