Friday, July 01, 2005

Why Don't Guys Talk Like This Anymore

This is an excerpt from Pride and Prejudice:

"In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."

That line is from Mr. Darcy to Elizabeth. So cute! Hearing that makes me want to just melt right into the ground. I'd be a happy puddle. Now, if I could only get a guy who's not an asshole or psycotic to say that to me.

I don't quite think that will happen anytime soon. Unwantingly (is that a word?) I have become a little untrusting. Opening yourself up to someone then being hurt can really do that to you. Emotions are a tricky business.

God, wouldn't it be easier to have a storybook character to be my lover? Yes! Can't I just pull Mr. Darcy from out of the pages and into my life? I think that I will stop thinking about it and let things happen and fall into place the way they're supposed to. My God---thinking too much is my best quality and worst quality all rolled into one.

I gotta stop that... maybe I should just take up a heroine addiction and live under a freeway pass. That might just be easier. But that won't do, I'm not a fan of needles.

3 Comments:

At Monday, July 04, 2005 5:52:00 AM, Blogger Tarun Bhatia said...

Because chivalry is dead and women killed it...

 
At Monday, July 04, 2005 6:42:00 PM, Blogger ~Sara~ said...

oh its not dead! u men are just too damn lazy!

 
At Tuesday, July 05, 2005 3:00:00 AM, Blogger Tarun Bhatia said...

Haha...you might have a point there. What can I say, blame the guy who invented boxers. But, we try...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home