Monday, May 30, 2005

The World...

So the wedding is over. Everything went perfect. Everything was beautiful. And yes, I cried A LOT. Too much went on to write it all down, so if you want to know the details and want to see the pictures, feel free to contact me.

There are a lot of friends I've been meaning to call lately, but I haven't had much time. Work for the wedding and work itself has been consuming my every minute. People aren't made to work this much, so why do we? Why do we grind ourselves down to the bone to "have a living?" What kind of living is it to only work and pay bills. I don't see much life going on there.

I guess that's why I am going to college. Hopefully when I graduate I will get a job that makes me happy. I wish we could be a little more like Italy and set aside 3 hours every day to have lunch with the family. They seem to have their priorities straight.

To my friends, I will call you this week! Seriously now, I'm not kidding. I know that I need to get my priorities straight.

Oh, and yay! I get to go to the mall today and shop around :) Heck yes Memorial Day Sale!

On another note...

A not-so-exact quote from Kingdom of Heaven, which I saw last night with my cousins:

"Where will we end up? (the girl asks, and beautiful Orlando answers) The world will decide. The world always does decide."

That's a good answer to a question I often ask myself. Where will I end up? Will I be rich? Will I be happy? Will I be homeless? Will I make a difference? Will I be selfish? Will I be selfless?

The world will decide, I guess.

Did you know: Barbara Walters is 75. I didn't quite know her age. But she's pretty high on the age scale. Not everyone likes her, I'm sure. Her voice is pretty annoying. But I respect her for what she's done in her life. Think of all the souls she's interviewed. From the good to bad (remember Fidel Castro?), I have to respect her inquisitive nature and contribution to the world of journalism. It's pretty cool, to say the least. Especially because she made it in a time when women were not supposed to be on top or in the spotlight (in a man's job).

I want a life like that. Not famous, but fufilling. I'm guessing that she's fufilled, of course.

It's a weird place to be young. To have all the world before you and all the opportunity brushing your finger tips, but all the fears and disasterous thoughts that go along with being in such a position. It's scary. I know I need to take a step foward, but which way do I go? And will it be the right way? This kind of questioning can drive a person mad and be exciting at the same time.

It's almost like going into battle. Am I prepared? Is my shield big enough and are my weapons better than the person battling me?

I guess the answer won't be found until I actually go into battle. What is there to learn hiding behind the brick wall? Eventually that wall will be breached by the enemy, so fighting is in order.

The world will decide. The world always does decide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home