Wednesday, June 08, 2005

A Chinese Proverb...

If I keep a green bough in my heart, a Singing bird will come.

I guess you can interpret the meaning many different ways. My way goes something to the effect of "if you believe you can do it, opportunity will come knockin'." Yeah, I don't know how to make that sound less cheesy. The point is, I can relate with this proverb in my life right about now. I'm approaching crossroads, and it's the scariest thing I've EVER seen. It's my future up ahead, and I'm still wondering if I'm gonna make it in the "real world," if we wanna call it that. I'm not yet worried about marriage, nope, or families or any of that. The thing that is scaring the HELL out of me is the idea of a career. What am I going to do? Where am I going to live? Will I really make it to medical school? Will I ever really become a doctor? SOO many people have the same dream as me, but never see it through. Will I join them?

The frightening part is that I've never had things so undecided before me...the path is usually clear. But this one is covered with moss and haze and branches and spiders...any road block you could imagine.This is where the proverb comes in. It's my job to believe I can get through it. When you believe, the path makes a way for you, or rather, you make a way through it. You don't take no for an answer. I can say it, but the hard part is actually taking it into my life and working it into my decisions and actions.

Alright, alright. I'll end this proverb nonsense

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home