Monday, April 18, 2005

I Hate "GoodByes"

Its not like the person matters too much or the person matters at all.

In an ideal world, with an ideal life, people shouldn't matter anyway.

Then why is it so hard to say goodbye? If moving on is easy, why does the process of 'let go' suck the life out of you? It ruins everything, you know, everything. And somehow it is always the so-called 'indispensable' ones whom the goodbye has to be bid.

It is a tricky word, goodbye. If you say it, you regret it for the rest of your life.

If you don't say it, you wallow in the guilt for the rest of your life. For, sometimes, and i tell this a lot to me, they are not going because they want to. It's simply because they have to. It is a simple fact to pinpoint, but not an easy one to come to terms with. Anger, frustration, are by-products of attachment. They will rear their head somewhere, somehow. So you don't say goodbye, as a sort of 'punishment'. Or you do say it, which is far worse a punishment sometimes.

I hate the word, personally. Arrivederci or phir milenge are commas, perhaps colons. Goodbye is a full stop. Final. There shouldn't be finality in anything. Finality shakes my faith in life.Then again, they say that whatever happens, happens for the best. So it doesn't really matter what you say or whether you say it. In the greater scheme of things, all this coming- going business is petty ephemera. My own head tells me to get over this 'sheer nonsense'. I wish I never had to bid goodbye. It's all I am asking for. Please, please just let me be. And let there be no goodbyes anymore...and no more reasons to say them.

Missing you my cousin = ( Hope Texas is treating you right...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home