Sunday, October 09, 2005

To Hermit or Not to Hermit...

While in the midst of a brief conversation with a friend yesterday afternoon, he mentioned how he could easily percieve himself as a hermit. And even though I haven't seen him in quite some time, I believe him to be one to fully appreciate an open space and silence to clear one's mind. Does this necessarily characterize a hermit? Maybe.

But maybe not. We are all human; we all have our own way of decompressing, whether it be reading, doing a long muscle-burning workout, indulging oneself in music, or screaming at the top of one's lungs. For myself, I don't think I can fathom an existence without human interaction though. People intrigue and inspire me to no end, and my hope is that I can modestly tender the same for someone else.

to my friend....I hope you reconsider the hermit lifestyle. Your contribution would surely be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home