Friday, May 13, 2005

Nature really does have an Effect..

It is soooooooo beautiful out today. The breeze is just the right amount, the sun is giving off the perfect amount of heat and the world is giving me a hug today.

Wasn't that a put-your-finger-down-your-throat-and-throw-up kind of sentence? Yeah, sorry for the sheer gushiness of it. I'm simply having an excellent day.

On another subject, isn't it funny how little we actually use cold hard cash anymore? I went shopping the other day and whipped out my debit card like it was change in my pocket. But for one of the transactions, I actaully bothered to open my wallet up (like it's hard) and notice the pretty little 10 sittting in there. Ex-Prez Hamilton was staring up at me and saying (through his paper mouth) "why the hell aren't you using me dammit?" So I abided by the ex-president and spent my paper/linen money. Wow, it's been awhile since I've spent some good ol' commodity money. What? Money backed by actual reserves? What a concept!

This is why credit cards are dangerous. Witnessing myself giving the cashier a 10 sent a signal to my brain...in turn I realized that I was spending 10 dinero. When I give out my credit card I usually don't pay attention to how much I'm spending until I check my receipt.

This also means that I have nonchallantly signed the reciept given back to the store. For all I know, the reciept could say something to the effect of "Aeropostale is in partnership with the devil and we now own your soul." I wouldn't even know! That's so sad.

Maybe I should kick my lazy ass into shape and make a trip to the ATM machine more often...God forbid I have to walk anywhere! My cousin said that we should make moving sidewalks, so we don't have to walk anywhere. Hmmm...yes cousin, let's make America even lazier than we already are! Walking and paying with actual cash are concepts that are a little hard for us Americans. It's funny how the world changes subtlely and slowly, but in big ways.

Oh well, as long as the sun is shining and the trees are rustling in the breeze I will be happy. As long as we continue to preserve nature, life will go on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home