Sunday, May 08, 2005

Funny How Things Change So Drastically...

It's amazing what you learn just by listening. There is laughter, there is praise, and you start to look at people differently. People you often did not want to be around because you were going through that "stage" in life where you thought you were too cool to be around them, making up your own infantile excuses, which make absolutely no sense now.

And then one day, just by listening, you suddenly change. You're not the person who used to believe those petty thoughts, and in fact, you're more embarassed by your past actions then by the people.

It is astounding that I used to think so little of someone who loves me so much. A person who only wants the best in life for me and gave it all always without question. I now wonder how I could have acted that way.

Perhaps it is the fact that we are both growing older, that our laughter is sweeter and our talks more significant. Yet at the same time, a child exists within us both who enjoys surfacing now and then. It keeps us both from taking life too seriously and admitting that we are adults with responsibilities.

A soft kiss on the forehead is not as bad as I once made it out to be. In fact, it is full of comfort and trust, and maybe that is all that I'll ever need.

One day we might part. One day we might not see each other that often or talk about our days with passion, anger and amusement. It is for that reason that I want to cherish it now. Laugh now, cry now, scream now, and hug now. Because I don't know how long it will last and I don't want to regert anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home