Friday, May 06, 2005

M - E - M - O - R - I - E - S

Some things are better left forgotten. Or at least until another time.

My memory has a new hobby.

It plays tricks on me, springing stuff to the centre of consciousness when I least expect it.

It happened again this morning...I was in the middle of a great and comfortable conversation during breakfast, when I was suddenly bombarded by images of another time and place. Words spoken then came back to me. I was no longer sitting here, but ported back to the corner where the piece of memory had lain, gathering dust. The same emotions came rushing back, coursed through my veins and engulfed my entire being.

All of a sudden I was upset, and self-conscious. I no longer knew how to behave; where to look, what to say. I became wary about my company, who at that moment was telling me how he preferred pancakes over waffles for breakfast.

My mood took an irreversible plunge. It should not have been like that. At least not then. This is horrible.

Is there an on-off switch for memories?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home