Monday, May 12, 2008

Confessions of a Shopaholic....

I will now admit to something that I rarely ever take responsibility for.

I am a shopaholic.

Like every other warm blooded female in the world, I love to shop. Although adventures that end in clothing, shoes or accessory stores make my little heart pitter patter like a teenager in love, it does not even matter what I am shopping for, or even if I am shopping for myself.

Yes I am a shopaholic, but I am not one of those that will buy anything and everything types. I am a part of a specific breed of shopaholics that many claim to be a part of, but are truly just misinformed.

I am what many would refer to as the bargain hunter, but the correct form would be smart shopper. I will not, or possibly can not pass up a sale even if my life depended on it. It is nearly impossible for me to even describe the feeling of euphoria I have whenever I purchase an item that is completely amazing and rightfully overpriced, on a discount. I think that is what makes my world go round.

I did something today that I KNOW for a fact many women have done, but most won't admit to it. I opened my closet today and stared at my shoes. For a good twenty minutes. There is probably no justifiable reason for the love I have for my shoes, or why staring at them makes me feel so warm and gooey on the inside.

This post is going to make me sound very materialistic. But I don't care. Everyone has their vices, and mine just happens to be shopping and an obsession for shoes.

That is all. I have nothing further to say. Nothing intellectual at all. I probably just lost a brain cell or two by writing this post.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 11, 2008 6:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog My Ramblings took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home