Thursday, May 05, 2005

The Ant

There's an ant in my suite room, roaming about on my couch. A little black spider-like one. I caught a glimpse of him from the corner of my eye this morning on the way to the bathroom. He'd come out of a fold to take a peek at me. Yet as I trained my sight on him, he had gone into hiding again, snug in yet another fold. I did a little jiggling of the couch cusions, trying to loosen his grip and free him before someone accidentally crushes him. My impaired eyesight couldn't catch any black spot falling free but I was pretty sure he wasn't there anymore.

Five minutes ago I thought I saw him again, still on the couch. Once again the moment I trained my eyes on my couch, he was nowhere to be found. He's making darn sure I'm not gonna find him and get rid of him that easily. He is determined to stay. How do I tell him it's just not meant to be? Maybe tonight we'll go for a drink together and bid each other farewell. Maybe there he'll find someone else to latch onto and live happily after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home