Saturday, March 19, 2005

Happiness

One of my really close friends made a really good point to me tonight. He said "Negativity doesn't pull you through to the top" He also said that I used to be one of the most cheery peoples he's ever known and I should find that again. He's right. I definitly need to give up this "glass is half empty thing" and go back to my usual "glass is half full" self.

Here is a small compilation of things that make me happy and giddy and smile and feel all fuzzy inside, for "no" particular reason, simply because I want to tell you:

  • Trying to eat the rain
  • Dancing in the rain
  • Peeling off nail polish
  • The color your lips turn after eating a popsicle
  • sitting at the edge of a pool with your feet in the water
  • driving on a 78-degree day with my sunroof open and a slight breeze dancing in the air
  • the smell of gasoline (this makes me sound like a weirdo, I realize)
  • the ellipsis...and I HATE it when people call it the "dot dot dot thingy." You fools! Ellipsis is a cool word, so use it!
  • walking around in airports ( i love the lady on the intercom that speaks in different languages)
  • hot chocolate with handmade whip cream
  • kisses on the cheek, by anyone
  • dancing like there's no tomorrow
  • tapping on windows after you've gotten a manicure or have considerably long nails
  • watching movies that scare the hell out of me...god, why do I find joy from this?
  • the sound ice cubes make in a glass full of water
  • running through a field with really high grass
  • getting and receiving hugs
  • glasses...and guys that look cute in them
  • talking with a friend over a cup of coffee
  • that moment in the movie theater when the room darkens and the movie is about to begin
  • the curve before the big dip in the rollercoaster
  • Bollywood movies with the sappy songs and sappy endings
  • Talking to long lost friends
  • laughing so hard that your face and tummy hurts
  • getting long distance phone calls
  • getting lost in a really good book that you stay up all night reading
  • when someone plays with my hair
  • peanut butter and banana sandwiches
  • babies giggling
  • when babies grab one of ur fingers with their whole hand
  • Fairy tales [Cinderella, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast]
  • Ok, so this list is getting a little long...so I'll stop. And yes, I know I'm a weirdo, it's just the way I am. But I have one more thing to add: Watching Romeo and Juliet (with Leo) and inserting myself into Claire Danes character...oh yes, that definitely makes me happy!

I have more...but I think this list is good for now :-D

1 Comments:

At Friday, April 01, 2005 12:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww..dats sooo cute sara...i luv ur list...but u wanna no wat makes me da happiest...seeing a smile on ur face! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home