Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Scale of Balance

Tell me.

What's so special about your side of the scale that no matter what you say or said, no matter what you do or did, no matter what you think or thought, you never tipped it over? You are never the reason why the scales become unbalanced. The unbalancing always falls on my side. What I say or said, what I do or did, what I think or thought are what makes this scale unbalanced.

Never you.

You are perfect.

Tell me.

Tell me Mister. Does that make sense to you? Does it?

Really.

Think about it. I'll give you a moment to do so. How do you think it was possible for that scale to remain balanced?

In spite of you. Through it all. Through it all it was never your side.

But I'll let you in on a little secret my dear friend. Just a tiny, tiny secret. Don't tell anyone.

Promise??????

The scales remained balanced because as you put more and more on your side, I had to compensate and give more and more of myself.

So now that you know, now that I'm the reason why the scales have tipped over, tell me Mister, how much of yourself are you willing to sacrifice to keep the scales even?

I thought so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home